Descover: Hydra terms & conditions
The residency provides hospitality as follows:
1. Transportation from Piraeus port to Hydra and back.
2. Accommodation during the course of the residency.
3. Tickets to all the sites and excursions visited as part of and organised by the residency.
4. Workshops organised by the residency.
Accommodation is organised as follows:
1. Rooms & bathrooms at the residency are shared.
2. Cooking and cleaning the house during our stay is undertaken collectively according to a rota.
3. The house includes the bedrooms as well as big common rooms, a common kitchen, a large garden, balconies and a common large studio where the artists are invited to work on the projects.
1. Hydra is a car, motorbike and bicycle free island with many steps and pebbled alleys. Transportation is only by foot, donkeys, and sea taxis. Because of that we unfortunately are not wheelchair accessible.
2. The residents are expected to respect the island, its inhabitants, environment & animals, and the local culture as well as be respectful to the rest of the residents.
Access to technology:
Residents should bring their own equipment and or materials (computers etc.). However, please do contact us regarding the materials you are going to need so we can assist in any way possible if appropriate. The residency takes place in an island of Greece with limited ability to obtain tech/electronic materials while we are there. For this reason residents should check in advance concerning what materials will be available, and what they will need to bring.
Whilst there are few expenses the residents need to consider while at the residency, it is worth having some funds for trips to local cafes and the like. Calculate approximately 10-50 euros a day for such incidentals.
Transportation to and from Athens:
The residency does not provide transportation to and from Athens, interested residents are responsible for arranging this themselves.
Wherever possible you will be advised in advance of any alterations to the residency once booked. However, we reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel a retreat, in which case we will offer a full refund of the fee paid up till then.
Minimum number of participants:
The residency runs only if a minimum number of participants is reached. In the case that is not, Descoverartists will inform all confirmed participants and will issue a full refund for the residency fee.
Cancellations and refunds:
The deposit to secure a spot (35% of the residency fee) will be refunded at 50% if the artist cancels:
1. by 01/01/2021 for the residency “June” (15/06/2021-28/06/2021)
2. by 01/02/2021 for the residency “July” (01/07/2021-14/07/2021)
1. by 01/03/2021 for the residency “September” (01/09/2021-21/09/2021)
In the case that an artist attending has chosen the option to pay the residency fee with instalments and has decided to cancel within the timeframes stated above, they will receive a refund of 50% of the deposit in addition to any instalments submitted till that date, minus the bank fees.
The remainder fee has to be paid:
1. by 01/03/2021 for the residency “June” (15/06/2021-28/06/2021)
2. by 01/04/2021 for the residency “July” (01/07/2021-14/07/2021)
1. by 01/06/2021 for the residency “September” (01/09/2021-21/09/2021)
The residency fee will not be refunded after submission of the remainder.
Artists who do not cancel before 01/01/2021, 01/02/2021, and 01/03/2021 and do not submit the remainder of the fee by 01/03/2021, 01/04/2021, and 01/06/2021 respectively, forfeit their deposit and their spot in the residency.
Terms and conditions changes:
We reserve the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at anytime, and it is your responsibility to be familiar with them prior to booking with us. The latest terms and conditions can always be found above and will supersede any previous versions.